What is alloy 6082 aluminum sheet / plate?
Alloy 6082 aluminum plate sheet is a medium strength alloy with excellent corrosion resistance.It has the highest strength of the 6000 series alloys. Alloy 6082 contain magnesium and silicon as the major alloying elements.
6082 aluminum sheet
Alloy 6082 is known as a structural alloy. In plate form, Aluminium alloy 6082 is the alloy most commonly used for machining.
6082 aluminum is a relatively new alloy, The addition of a large amount of manganese controls the grain structure which in turn results in a stronger alloy. The higher strength of 6082 has seen it replace 6061 in many applications.
6082 aluminium alloy designations
Alternate names and designations include AlSi1MgMn, 3.2315, H30, and A96082.
Aluminium alloy 6082 is indeed a good choice if you are looking for the alloy that has the highest strength of the 6000 series.
6000 series aluminum alloy:
Commonly used 6000 series alloys also include the following：
- 6061 aluminum sheet/plate
- 6083 aluminum sheet/plate
- 6005 Aluminum sheet/plate
- 6060 Aluminum sheet/plate
- 6101 Aluminum sheet/plate
- 6005A Aluminum sheet/plate
3mm 6082 aluminum sheet
Specification of 6082 aluminum sheet
- Alloy: 6082
- Temper: O, T4, T451, T42, T6,T651,T62, T61,T6151
- Stretching capacity: 300000m² supposed width is 2000mm, then the maximum thickness is 150mm.
- Thickness: 0.3mm–600mm
- With: 20mm–3000mm
- Length: 1000mm–12000mm
- Surface: Mill finish, Bright finish, paper interleaved, one side film, both sides film.
Alu aluminum are customer oriented industry that is busy in manufacturing and supplying the extensive range of aluminum 6082 sheets and plate.
The manufacture to ensure that the high quality of plates is manufactured is using high quality of aluminum alloy.
6082 aluminum sheet/plate chemical composition (For Reference)
As a relatively new alloy, the higher strength of Aluminium alloy 6082 has seen it replace 6061 in many applications. The addition of a large amount of manganese controls the grain structure which in turn results in a stronger alloy.
Physical properties of 6082 aluminum sheet
The most common tempers for 6082 aluminium are :
- T6 – Solution heat treated and artificially aged .
- O – Soft .
- T4 – Solution heat treated and naturaly aged to a substantially stable condition .
- T651 – Solution heat treated, stress relieved by stretching then artificially aged .
Moderately high levels of strength are obtained through heat treating to the T651 condition, giving higher strength levels than 5XXX series alloys.
6082 aluminium plate alloys in the T651 condition are easier to machine than 5XXX series alloys.
6082 aluminium plate alloys can be cold formed in the T651 or T451 temper. Formability is better in the T451 than the T651 temper and increases with decreasing thickness.
6082 aluminium plate alloys, in the T651/T652/T6 temper, have good corrosion resistance. Unlike some 5XXX series alloys, 6XXX series aluminium plate alloys do not suffer degradation in corrosion resistance after exposure to elevated temperatures.
6082 aluminium plate alloys are readily weldable by either GTA-W or GMA-W processes provided that a suitable filler material is used. Welding reduces the tensile strength to 165-200 MPa in the heat affected area. In special circumstances, a post weld heat treatment can be applied to restore some of the lost strength in this area.
It is difficult to produce thin walled, complicated extrusion shapes in alloy 6082. The extruded surface finish is not as smooth as other similar strength alloys in the 6000 series.
6082 Aluminium sheet mechanical properties
- Mechanical Properties of 6082 Aluminum Sheet:
- Tensile strength σb (MPa): ≥ 205
- Conditional yield strength σ0.2 (MPa): ≥110
- Elongation δ10 (%): ≥14
- Sample size: all thickness
- Homogenization temperature: 555-565℃ holding time: 3 hours, cooling rate ≥ 200 ℃/h
||1.5 – 3mm
||1.5 – 3mm
||1.5 – 3mm
||1.5 – 3mm
||1.5 – 3mm
Most common tempers for 6082 alloy are:
- F – As fabricated.
- T5 – Cooled from an elevated temperature shaping process and artificially aged. Applies to products that are not cold worked after cooling.
- T5511 – Cooled from an elevated temperature shaping process, stress relieved by stretching and artificially aged.
- T6 – Solution heat treated and artificially aged.
- O – Soft , Annealed. This is the lowest strength, highest ductility temper.
- T4 – Solution heat treated and naturally aged to a substantially stable condition. Applies to products that are not cold worked after solution heat-treatment.
- T6511 – Solution heat treated, stress relieved by stretching, and artificially aged.
6082 aluminum sheet advantage
- 6082 aluminum sheet has good formability， weldability， machinability and corrosion resistance;
- 6082 Aluminum Sheet with moderate strength， after the annealing can still maintain a good operability;
- good anode reaction performance， the most commonly used anode reaction methods include the removal of impurities and dyeing， coating and so on;
- 6082 aluminum sheet -0 and T4 state for bending and forming the occasion;
Usages of 6082 Aluminum Material Sheet
6082-T651 and 6061-T651 are now superseding low-carbon steels in structural applications where the benefits of lightness, specific stiffness, corrosion resistance and ease of fabrication can be exploited:
1. Machined components
2. Structural members
3. Cargo containers
auto shell made of aluminum sheet
6082 is typically used in:
- Highly stressed applications
- Transport applications
- Ore skips
- Beer barrels
- Milk churns
More 6082 alloy applications:
Aviation fixtures, trucks, towers, ships, pipelines and other construction applications where strength, weldability and corrosion resistance are required. Such as: aircraft parts, camera lenses, couplers, marine accessories and hardware, electronic accessories and connectors, decorative or various hardware, hinge heads, magnetic heads, brake pistons, hydraulic pistons, electrical accessories, valves and valve parts.
Alu aluminum is product to the buyers is provided at different specifications that vary in size, dimensions, specifications and wall thickness etc. With respect to various raw material quality standards, the product to the buyers is supplied at reasonable rates.
Standard of 6082 aluminum sheet/plate/coil
The alloy and its various tempers are covered by the following standards:
- EN 485-2
- EN 573-3
- EN 754-2
- EN 755-2
- ISO 6361
Packing Detail of 6082 Aluminum Sheet:
Our products are packed and labelled according to the regulations and customer’s requests. Great care is taken to avoid any damage which might be caused during storage or transportation. The standard export packaging, plastic film or craft paper covered. wooden case or wooden pallet is adopted to protect products from damage during the delivery. Also, clear labels are tagged on the outside of the packages for easy identification of the product I. D. and quality information.
Form wikipedia for 6082 aluminum alloy:
6082 aluminium alloy is an alloy in the wrought aluminium-magnesium-silicon family (6000 or 6xxx series). It is one of the more popular alloys in its series (alongside alloys 6005, 6061, and 6063), although it is not strongly featured in ASTM (North American) standards. It is typically formed by extrusion and rolling, but as a wrought alloy it is not used in casting. It can also be forged and clad, but that is not common practice with this alloy. It cannot be work hardened, but is commonly heat treated to produce tempers with a higher strength but lower ductility.
cutting edge without burrs of 6082 aluminum sheet
Why Choose Alu aluminum as Your Source for 6082 Aluminium Sheets?
- More Than 12 Decades of Experience in Manufacture, Stock & Supply of 6082 Aluminium Sheets
- Best Prices For Alloy 6082 Aluminium Sheets – Supplied Worldwide with Shortest Delivery Time
- Exporting ASTM, EN Standard Compliant Aluminium 1060 Sheets is Our Specialty
- We Can Handle the Logistics for You – We can offer FOB, CIF Delivery to Any Port
- Documents We Provide Include – Certificate of Origin, Invoice & PL Attested by Chamber of Commerce, Test Certificates as per EN 10204 3.1, Other Testing Reports, as may be Required by Our Customers.
Features of 6082 aluminum plate sheet
Many people will ask：Why is 6082 aluminum sheet common in the automotive industry? The answer is：6082 aluminum sheet has high strength and good formability and is therefore excellent for the automotive industry.
6082 and 6061 aluminum plate are both Al-Mg-Si aluminum alloy which can be strengthened by aging treatment, with good extrusion and forging properties, and good anodizing properties.
In addition, 6082 aluminum sheet also has the following characteristics:
- Good formability, solderability and brazeability.
- It has medium strength and good machinability.
- Good usability and excellent interface characteristics.
- Easy to process, good anode reaction performance and easy coating.
- Good corrosion resistance and oxidation resistance.
Alu 6082 aluminum sheet and plate has reliable quality, best prices with prompt delivery and excellent & professional service. Common specifications are in stock and special sizes can be customized. For any question & quote, please feel free to contact us!
To meet the quality aware necessities for our fundamentally respected clients, we offer 6082 Aluminum Alloy Sheet / Plates in different sizes, thickness, standards and shapes as indicated by changed essentials given by our clients.
Alu aluminum are the renowned manufacturer and supplier of sheets and plates. They deliver these products to their worldwide customers at an affordable rate. While manufacturing these products, top notch quality of raw material is used as per the international quality standards. With it, the latest machines, tools and modern technology is used for making accurate size and length of sheets and plates. These sheets and plates are known for their outstanding performance, durability, weldability, workability, long service and life and corrosion resistance.