1100 aluminum sheet is one of the representatives of 1 series pure aluminum sheet, which is used for industry, aluminum content (mass fraction) of 99.00%, 1100 alloy aluminum metal which cannot be strengthened by heat treatment and is very formable.
Aluminum metal 1100 is just one of several common aluminum alloys and is soft, low strength and, at 99% min aluminum, is the commercially pure aluminum. Copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, silicon, titanium, vanadium and zinc comprise the remaining elements.
1100 aluminum sheet belongs to 1000 series aluminum sheet 1000 series aluminum sheet. The aluminum content of 1000 series aluminum alloy is relatively high. The common used alloy grades are:
- 1050 aluminum sheet / plate / coil
- 1060 aluminum sheet / plate / coil
- 1070 aluminum sheet / plate / coil
- 1100 aluminum sheet / plate / coil
1100 aluminum sheet/plate chemical composition (For Reference)
Chemical Composition conforms to Chinese, American and European standard specification
|1100||0.95 Si + Fe||0.05~0.20||0.05||–||–||0.1||–||0.05||0.15||99.0|
|1100 aluminum sheet||O,H12,H14,H16
|0.2-350||100-2600||500-16000||Kitchen utensils, building materials, heat exchangers, etc.|
Physical properties of 1100 aluminum sheet
The aluminum content of 99.00% makes the 1100 aluminum sheet retain the advantages of the aluminum itself to the greatest extent.For example, it has excellent ductility of pure aluminum, high corrosion resistance, excellent conductivity and thermal conductivity.
It has high corrosion resistance, electrical conductivity and thermal conductivity, its density is small, plasticity is good, various aluminum materials can be produced by pressure processing, but the strength is low. Other process performance is basically the same as 1050A.
The most used temper is 1100 H14 aluminum sheet, followed by 1100 H16 aluminum sheet, 1100 H18 aluminum sheet, and some industries use O temper, 1100 O aluminum sheet.
|Density (x1000 kg/m2)||2.71||25||–|
|Elastic Modulus (GPa)||70-80||25||–|
|Tensile Strength (Mpa)||110||25||H12|
|Yield Strength (Mpa)||105|
|Reduction in Area (%)||–|
|Shear Strength (MPa)||69||25||H12|
|Alloy Temper||Specified||Tensile strength||Yield strength||Elongation|
Aluminum 1100 can also be welded; resistance welding is possible, but it can be difficult and usually requires the attention of skilled welders.
Specification of 1100 aluminum sheet
|Thickness||0.5 ~ 6.0mm for sheet,max 500mm|
|Width||600 ~ 2,200mm|
|Length||2,000 ~ 10,000mm|
- – Standard Width and Length: 4〃 x 8〃, 4“ x 4“ , 4 in. x 10 in. aluminum sheet, 5 x 10 aluminum sheet, 48‘ x 96’ aluminum sheet, 1219 * 2438mm, 1220mm x 2440mm aluminum sheet, 1000mm x 2000mm aluminum sheet, 1250mm x 2500mm, 1219x2438mm, 1524x3048mm, 1500mm x 3000mm aluminum sheet.
- – Surface Finish: Mill finish (unless otherwise specified), Color Coated, or Stucco Embossed
- – Surface Protection: Paper interleaved, PE/PVC filming (if specified)
- – Minimum Order Quantity: 3MT
Alu aluminum as a professional manufacturer and supplier of 1100 aluminum sheet, we can provide you 1060 aluminum alloy metal sheets , which are used in diverse industrial applications.We have reliable quality, reasonable prices and prompt delivery. Common specifications are in stock. Special sizes can be customized according to clients’ requests.Please contact us if you have any questions.
Features of 1100 aluminum plate sheet
- Excellent corrosion resistance. 1100 aluminum sheet has good resistance to atmospheric (including industrial atmospheric and Marine vapor) corrosion and water corrosion.In addition, it can resist the corrosion of most acids and organics.
- Good ductility and molding.1100 aluminum sheet can produce various aluminum materials through pressure processing, which can adapt to the larger speed of most machine tools for turning, milling, boring, planing and other mechanical processing.Moreover, the good molding of 1100 aluminum sheet enables it to be rolled into sheet and foil, or pulled into pipes and wires, etc.
- No low-temperature brittleness.1100 aluminum sheet below 0℃,as the temperature decreases, its strength and molding will not reduce, but increase.
- The 1100 aluminum sheet strength is low, it cannot be strengthened by heat treatment, and the cutting property is poor.
1100 aluminium sheet / plate / coil applications and usage
1100 is usually used to require good forming processing performance, high corrosion resistance, and does not require high strength. With the addition of a small part of the alloy component Cu, the processability and surface processing of 1100 aluminum sheet and other alloy characteristics are enhanced, which can be better used for large storage tanks, food and chemical handling and storage equipment, sheet metal products, welding assemblies, reflectors, nameplates, chemical equipment, railroad tank cars, fin stock, dials, cooking utensils, rivets, reflectors, sheet metal and so on.
There are a number of commercial and industrial applications, for Aluminum 1100 that include:
- Fin stock
- Heat exchanger fins
- Spun hollowware
- Dials and nameplates
- Shapes for engraving and stamping
- Lightweight tools
- Food containers
- Household foil
- Cooking utensils
- Sheet metal work
Standard of 1100 aluminum sheet/plate/coil
- ASTM B209 – This specification covers aluminum and aluminum alloy flat sheet, coiled sheet, and plate in various alloys.
- BS EN 573 – This specification covers aluminium and aluminium alloys – Chemical composition and form of products.
- BS EN 485 – This specification sets out the mechanical properties of wrought aluminium and wrought aluminium alloy sheet, strip and plate for general engineering applications.
Alu aluminum is a leading manufacturer and supplier of aluminium 1100 sheets in compliance with ASTM B209, EN 573 and EN 485 standards.