1050 aluminum sheet belongs to 1000 series aluminum alloy metal. It is belongs to commercially pure wrought family with a purity of 99.5% Al. in addition to the component Al, 0.4% Fe is added, so 1050 aluminum alloy also has high conductivity. 1000 series aluminium group offers the best correction resistance compared to any alloy group, so does the 1050 aluminium sheet.
1050 aluminium Alloy Designations
Aluminium alloy 1050 also corresponds to the following designations:
1050 aluminum sheet/plate chemical composition (For Reference)
Chemical Composition conforms to Chinese, American and European standard specification
Physical properties of 1050 aluminum sheet
Alu has 12 years of 1050 aluminum sheet and plate production experience and is able to produce and supply high-quality 1050 aluminum sheet. In addition, different temper can be provided, such as O (annealed), H12, H14, H18, H24 and so on.
1050 aluminum sheet which has better correction resistance than other alloy series. Aluminium alloy 1050 is a popular grade of aluminium for general sheet metal work where moderate strength is required.
1050 aluminum sheet is a non-heat treatment alloy, which is enhanced by cold working, and has excellent cold workability, solderability and weldability.
Aluminium alloy 1050 is known for its excellent corrosion resistance, high ductility, excellent electrical and thermal conductivity, and highly reflective finish, but the strength of 1050 aluminum alloy is low, so 1050 aluminum alloy is well suitable for chemical and electrolytic brightening but not in casting.
|Melting Point||650 °C|
|Thermal Expansion||24 x10^-6 /K|
|Modulus of Elasticity||71 GPa|
|Thermal Conductivity||222 W/m.K|
|Electrical Resistivity||0.0282 x10^-6 Ω .m|
The important point is that the surface of 1050 aluminum sheet can be anodized. In addition, it has medium strength and excellent processing technology makes 1050 aluminum sheet have a wider range of applications.
1050 aluminum sheet advantage
- commercially pure aluminum
- non heat-treatable
- soft and ductile
- excellent cold workabilit
- excellent corrosion resistance
- easily welded by MIG or TIG processes
- excellent brazability and solderabilit
- well-suited to chemical and electrolytic brightening
- very good anodizing qualities
- has a highly reflective finish
|Workability – Cold||Excellent|
|Weldability – Gas||Excellent|
|Weldability – Arc||Excellent|
|Weldability – Resistance||Excellent|
1050 Aluminium sheet mechanical properties
|Alloy Temper||Specified||Tensile strength||Yield strength||Elongation|
1050 aluminum sheet / plate application
1050 aluminum sheet is commonly used in some places that require high corrosion resistance and formability but not high strength. 1050 aluminum sheet is also industrial aluminum. For example, A typical application is the manufacture of chemical industry containers.
In addition,1050 aluminum alloy is used for lithium battery soft connection, pole material, explosion-proof valve, PS board base, heat sink, signage, lamp, reflector, etc.
- Chemical process plant equipment
- Food industry containers
- Pyrotechnic powder
- Architectural flashings
- Lamp reflectors
- Cable sheathing
Aluminum 1050 alloy is also sometimes used for the manufacture of heat sinks, since it has a higher thermal conductivity than other alloys.
Multi-product made of 1050 aluminum alloy sheet metal
Aluminium Alloy 1050 (1050 A) is available in Plate, Sheet, Strip, Bar, Wire, Drawn Tube, Welding Wire, Forging Stock and Rivet Stock.
Welding of 1050 aluminum sheet
When welding 1050 to itself or an alloy from the same subgroup the recommended filler wire is 1100. For welding to alloys 5083 and 5086 or alloys from the 7XXX series, the recommend wire is 5356. For other alloys use 4043 filler wire.
More information about 1060 aluminium
Specification of 1050 aluminum sheet
|Thickness||0.5 ~ 6.0mm for sheet,max 500mm|
|Width||600 ~ 2,200mm|
|Length||2,000 ~ 10,000mm|
- – Standard Width and Length: 4〃 x 8〃, 4“ x 4“ , 4 in. x 10 in. aluminum sheet, 5 x 10 aluminum sheet, 48‘ x 96’ aluminum sheet, 1219 * 2438mm, 1220mm x 2440mm aluminum sheet, 1000mm x 2000mm aluminum sheet, 1250mm x 2500mm, 1219x2438mm, 1524x3048mm, 1500mm x 3000mm aluminum sheet.
- – Surface Finish: Mill finish (unless otherwise specified), Color Coated, or Stucco Embossed
- – Surface Protection: Paper interleaved, PE/PVC filming (if specified)
- – Minimum Order Quantity: 3MT
Standard of 1050 aluminum sheet/plate/coil
- ASTM B209 – This specification covers aluminum and aluminum alloy flat sheet, coiled sheet, and plate in various alloys.
- BS EN 573 – This specification covers aluminium and aluminium alloys – Chemical composition and form of products.
- BS EN 485 – This specification sets out the mechanical properties of wrought aluminium and wrought aluminium alloy sheet, strip and plate for general engineering applications.
1050 aluminium alloy sheet can be used as anodized aluminum sheet, deep drawing aluminum, good mechanical properties, and widely used.